Part 2 – Healthy Holiday Eating Tips
It can be really hard to stay on track with eating healthy during the holidays. It seems like from Thanksgiving all the way through New Year’s day there are so many opportunities to get off track. There are tempting treats everywhere!
I LOVE holiday baking (and eating it too)…but I don’t love how I feel after eating too many sweet treats. I often feel tired, sluggish, drained, cranky, bloated, and just “off” in general if I overindulge. Who has time for that?
You CAN eat healthy and still enjoy a few holiday treats! The key is moderation.
Here are 10 Tips to help you…Eat Healthy and Feel Great this Holiday Season!
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out your system and curb your cravings.
- Don’t skip meals earlier in the day to make up for extra food you may eat at holiday parties. This usually leads to over indulging in food at the party.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar makes you tired and sluggish plus it weakens your immune system.
- Keep moving. Incorporate some sort of physical activity into each day. Break it up into a couple 10 minute segments if you have to.
- Start your day with a green smoothie. It’s a great way to get in an extra serving of fresh green veggies like kale or spinach.
- Eat slowly and stop when you are full.
- Focus on the fellowship, not the food.
- Keep your portions small.
- Pick a couple of your very favorite holiday foods or “treats” and skip the rest.
- Send those tempting leftover holiday treats home with your guests. Out of sight, out of mind! 🙂
How do YOU plan to stay healthy for the holidays? Having a plan in place will help you make better choices!
Wishing you and your family a very blessed and healthy holiday season!
In case you missed Part 1 – Taking the Stress out of the Holidays